UDIA National Awards for Excellence
The Urban Development Institute of Australia's National Awards for Excellence celebrates Australia's contemporary knowledge, skills and innovation in the urban development industry. The awards recognise outstanding achievements of high quality developments.
The Categories for UDIA National Awards for Excellence are:
- Masterplanned Development
- Residential Development
- Medium Density Housing
- High Density Housing
- Urban Renewal
- Environmental Excellence
- Affordable Development
- Senior Living
- President's Award
- Women in Leadership
- Young Leaders
Winners of the major annual State Awards for Excellence are nominated by UDIA State offices as finalists in the National Awards. For more information on State Awards for Excellence please click here.
2019 UDIA National Awards
National Awards Judges
Alan Zammit AM, BBUS, ALGA, FCPA, FAICD, FWSU, Board Chair of Mulpha Norwest
Nicola Smith, Director, Niche Planning Studio, M Communication, BA Urban and Regional Planning, FPIA
Tony Marshall, B Technology (Civil Engineering), Licensed Real Estate Agent SA
Message from the Judges
This year the judges were fortunate to inspect projects that have been developed during a wide variety of market conditions and in particular, some that enjoyed a periodof unsurpassed growth due to significant increasesin population in the major capitals. The involvement of governments, at all levels, has led to the delivery of significant urban regeneration of cities and highly improved public realm.
The ongoing demand for higher density inner urban and city living has resulted in a surge of new quality products with a greater emphasis on architectural design, internal layouts, residents facilities and the provision of mixed-use amenities.The rapid expansion of residential development on the urban fringes has seen continued improvement in the provision of infrastructure, extensive provision of community facilities and greater emphasis on the management of our environment.
Our ageing population has likewise benefited from the provision of new levels of accommodation with a wide variety of amenities whilst still remaining affordable through various ownership models and the provision of long term affordable energy solutions.
The judges continued to be impressed by the passion demonstrated by each entrant and wish to congratulate each of the 44 finalists and winners.
2019 National Awards for Excellence Winners
- President’s Award: Yagan Square by Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (WA): Sponsored by Blacktown City Council
- Masterplanned Development: Parklands by Grocon (QLD): Sponsored by SMEC
- Residential Development: Brighton Lakes by Mirvac by Mirvac (NSW): Sponsored by Red23
- Medium Density Housing: West by Commercial & General (SA): Sponsored by Wingate
- High Density Housing: Oxley + Stirling Residences by ARIA Property Group (QLD): Sponsored by City of Gold Coast
- Urban Renewal: Yagan Square by Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (WA): Sponsored by Calibre Group
- Environmental Excellence: Warralily by Newland Developers Pty Ltd (VIC): Sponsored by Glascott Landscaping & Civil
- Affordable Development: Jewel Living - Boardwalk at Greentree by City of Salisbury and Rivergum Homes (SA): Sponsored by NBN Co
- Seniors Living: Halcyon Lakeside by Halcyon (QLD): Sponsored by Bluescope
- Women in Leadership: Tamara Rasmussen, Regional Development Manager, Lendlease Communities (NSW): Sponsored by Frasers Property Australia
- Young Leaders: Nicholas Grear, Rivergum Homes (SA)
UDIA National Awards for Excellence Magazine | Past UDIA National Awards for Excellence Winners