UDIA National Awards for Excellence
The Urban Development Institute of Australia's National Awards for Excellence celebrates Australia's contemporary knowledge, skills and innovation in the urban development industry. The awards recognise outstanding achievements of high quality developments.
The Categories for UDIA National Awards for Excellence are:
- Masterplanned Development
- Residential Development
- Medium Density Housing
- High Density Housing
- Urban Renewal
- Environmental Excellence
- Affordable Development
- Senior Living
- President's Award
Winners of the major annual State Awards for Excellence are nominated by UDIA State offices as finalists in the National Awards. For more information on State Awards for Excellence please click here.
2016 UDIA National Awards
National Awards Judges
Stephen Holmes, a Director of Holmes Dyer Pty Ltd
Alan Zammit AM, Managing Director of UPDM
Message from the Judges
The 2016 UDIA National Awards has delivered an outstanding, diverse range of projects from all corners of Australia. This year’s judging process has reaffirmed our belief that the urban development industry makes a significant, positive contribution to Australia and that the awards process is fundamental in the highlighting of new innovations and development outcomes which ultimately benefit the whole of the development industry.
All of the nominees should be very proud of the projects they have put forward and as experienced last year, it has been incredibly difficult to separate the winners from the rest of the field. Congratulations to each and every one of the nominees and winners.
The UDIA National Awards for Excellence continues to build on its profile as a premier national event for honouring outstanding urban development in Australia.
2016 National Awards for Excellence Winners
- President’s Award: Eden, Haven and Sanctuary by Hamton & ISPT Joint Venture (VIC): Sponsored by Blacktown City Council
- Masterplanned Development: Discovery Point by Frasers Property Australia (NSW): Sponsored by Alexander Symonds
- Residential Development: Sunshine Cove by Chardan Development Group (QLD): Sponsored by Dacland
- Medium Density Housing: Artique Residence by The Makrylos Group (NT): Sponsored by Cedar Woods Properties
- High Density Housing: Eden, Haven and Sanctuary by Hamton & ISPT Joint Venture (VIC): Sponsored by NBNCo
- Urban Renewal: Circa Nundah Village by Arkhefield (QLD): Sponsored by Campbelltown City Council
- Environmental Excellence: Grand Lakes Estate by L. Bisinella Developments Pty Ltd (VIC): Sponsored by Defence Housing Australia
- Affordable Development: Town Life Living @ Playford Alive by Renewal SA & Rivergum Homes (SA): Sponsored by Peet Limited
- Seniors Living: Closebourne Village by Lendlease (NSW): Sponsored by Metric