UDIA National Awards for Excellence
The Urban Development Institute of Australia's National Awards for Excellence celebrates Australia's contemporary knowledge, skills and innovation in the urban development industry. The awards recognise outstanding achievements of high quality developments.
The Categories for UDIA National Awards for Excellence are:
- Masterplanned Development
- Residential Development
- Medium Density Housing
- High Density Housing
- Urban Renewal
- Environmental Excellence
- Affordable Development
- Senior Living
- President's Award
- Women in Leadership
- Young Leaders
Winners of the major annual State Awards for Excellence are nominated by UDIA State offices as finalists in the National Awards. For more information on State Awards for Excellence please click here.
2018 UDIA National Awards
National Awards Judges
Alan Zammit AM, BBUS, ALGA, FCPA, FAICD, FWSU, Board Chair of Mulpha Norwest
Tony Marshall, B Technology (Civil Engineering), Licensed Real Estate Agent SA
Message from the Judges
The judges were highly impressed by the passion demonstrated by each entrant in addressing the context of their urban development and the communities they sought to serve. Whether in Western Australia or New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland or Northern Territory, applicants sought to enhance and even transform their environment, to present highly attractive developments each with the capacity to transform people’s lives for the better.
Inspecting each and every project, the judges were again presented with the challenge of discerning “the best of the best”, with State and Territory entries from both public and private institutions, from both traditional larger developers and those with a more boutique offering, and in environments as varied as our nation has to offer.
The judges were particularly pleased to note that, as per last year and, despite market conditions varying significantly from State to State, each developer remained committed to further refinement and improvement of their offerings, with innovation, sustainability, community development and affordability being paramount.
Congratulations to each of the 41 nominees and winners and thank you to each of the State offices for their assistance in coordinating each of the project inspections.
2018 National Awards for Excellence Winners
- President’s Award: Barangaroo South by Lendlease (NSW): Sponsored by Blacktown City Council
- Masterplanned Development: Sanctuary Cove by Mulpha Sanctuary Cove (Developments) Pty Ltd (QLD): Sponsored by SMEC
- Residential Development: Alkimos Beach by LandCorp and Lendlease (WA): Sponsored by Altus Group
- Medium Density Housing: Cantala by SJB and Icon Developments (VIC): Sponsored by James Hardie
- High Density Housing: The Melbourne Residences by ARIA Property Group (QLD): Sponsored by Max Cap Group
- Urban Renewal: Elizabeth Quay by Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (WA): Sponsored by NBN
- Environmental Excellence: Barangaroo South by Lendlease (NSW): Sponsored by AVID Property Group
- Affordable Development: Springlake Hampton Cottage by Martin Road Development and Tanti Osborne Projects (SA): Sponsored by Development Victoria
- Seniors Living: RV Homebase Frasers Coast by RV Homebase Frasers Coast Pty Ltd (QLD): Sponsored by Calibre Group
- Women in Leadership: Nicola Smith, Director, Niche Planning Studio (VIC): Sponsored by Frasers Property Australia
- Young Leaders: Alex Besz, Development Manager, Chasecrown (SA): Sponsored by VERIS
UDIA National Awards for Excellence Magazine | Past UDIA National Awards for Excellence Winners