UDIA National Awards for Excellence
The Urban Development Institute of Australia's National Awards for Excellence celebrates Australia's contemporary knowledge, skills and innovation in the urban development industry. The awards recognise outstanding achievements of high quality developments.
The Categories for UDIA National Awards for Excellence are:
- Masterplanned Development
- Residential Development
- Medium Density Housing
- High Density Housing
- Urban Renewal
- Environmental Excellence
- Affordable Development
- Senior Living
- President's Award
Winners of the major annual State Awards for Excellence are nominated by UDIA State offices as finalists in the National Awards. For more information on State Awards for Excellence please click here.
2017 UDIA National Awards
National Awards Judges
Stephen Holmes, Director of Holmes Dyer Pty Ltd
Alan Zammit AM, Board Chair of Mulpha Norwest
Message from the Judges
With all entrants in the UDIA National Awards for Excellence already category winners in their home State or Territory, we were again presented with the challenge of discerning “the best of the best”. From Sydney to Perth to Darwin, Melbourne to Brisbane and Adelaide, it quickly became evident that the flight to quality, evidenced in recent years, has been taken to a new level with all vestiges of the impact of the global financial crisis now long gone. Indeed we found that the quality of development was so high that many projects, though not winners, are deserving of high commendation on the national stage. We were particularly pleased to note that, despite market conditions varying significantly from State to State, each developer remained committed to further refinement and improvement of their offerings, with innovation, sustainability and affordability being paramount.
Congratulations to each of the 42 nominees and winners.
2017 National Awards for Excellence Winners
- President’s Award: Botanica Residences by ARIA Property Group (QLD): Sponsored by Blacktown City Council
- Masterplanned Development: Blakes Crossing by Lendlease (SA): Sponsored by Rowe Group
- Residential Development: Fairwater by Frasers Property Australia (NSW): Sponsored by Defence Housing Australia
- Medium Density Housing: The Barkly by ID_Land (VIC): Sponsored by NBN
- High Density Housing: Botanica Residences by ARIA Property Group (QLD): Sponsored by Brickworks
- Urban Renewal: Tonsley by Renewal SA (SA): Sponsored by Solido Capital
- Environmental Excellence: Osprey Waters by Mirvac (WA): Sponsored by LD TOTAL
- Affordable Development: Lifestyle Hastings by Lifestyle Communities Limited (VIC): Sponsored by CLE Town Planning + Design
- Seniors Living: Mark Moran Vaucluse by Mark Moran Group (NSW): Sponsored by The West Australian